Pages

Monday 12 November 2007

How to Get Rid of One Cup of Cream?

Posted by Andrew

Make another pasta dish, of course! With just a cup's worth of cream left in my fridge with a best before date fast approaching last Tuesday, I had to make something with that. So, without further ado I decided to make a modified version of Penne in Cream Sauce with Sausage. Instead of canned tomatoes I substituted with some sundried tomatoes, and since I didn't have Italian parsley I had to settle with some freeze-dried regular parsley I had in my pantry. I managed to get my hands on some sweet basil sausage for this dish.

















I would say this was another successful attempt at a new dish. Perhaps due to the use of sundried tomatoes instead of canned with its juices the sauce itself wasn't as quantitative or runny, but it covered all the penne noodles just as nicely. Next time I could add a sprinkle of ground pepper to give it some pep, or alternatively I could use spicier sausage.

No comments:

Post a Comment