Pages

Sunday 19 August 2007

From Thailand to Japan

Posted by Bonita

It was another busy day in the kitchen yesterday. My mom and I have been meaning to do a Thai meal for awhile, butit kept on getting pushed back until now. We finally huckered down, bought some Thai ingredients and got our Thai meal to the table.

aug19_01 aug19_02 aug19_03 aug19_04

Mom made Tom Yum Goong, a hot and sour soup with a soup base made from lemongrass, kaffir lime leaves, galanga, shallots, lime juice, fish sauce and chillis. We also put some mushrooms, tomatoes, shrimp and of course, coriander into the soup. She also made a Papaya & Jicama Salad and the ever popular Pad Thai. I, on the other hand, made Deep-Fried Tofu with Peanut Sauce. Despite a couple of glitches here and there, the meal turned out nice enough and everything was delicious.

aug19_05 aug19_06

I also FINALLY got around to making that Japanese Cheesecake I've been meaning to make all summer. Unfortunately, I forgot to wrap my cake pan in foil...and water from the water bath ended up leaking into my pan. **cries** So despite the side of my cake being water-logged, it would have been perfect. Cake tasted delicious though, almost like the real thing you might get from a Japanese or Chinese pastry shop.

No comments:

Post a Comment